The National Gaming Board Uganda (NGBU) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 which came into effect on 8th April 2016.
The Act is supported by a set of 5 Regulations which came into effect on 27th May 2016. The law mandates the Board to licence and regulate the operations of lotteries, casinos and betting houses (Industry).
The Board of Directors is composed of;
- Hon. Manzi Tumubweinee
- Owek. Apollo Makubuya
- Mr. Moses Ogwapus
- Mrs. Phoebe Kamya Lutaaya
- AIGP. Grace Akullo
- Mr. Edgar Agaba – Chief Executive Officer
The Board’s specific mandate is to:
- Licence operators of Casinos, Lotteries, betting houses and slot machines including employees and devices used.
- Regulate and supervise the establishment, management and operations of the industry.
- Set and approve standards of the industry
- Protect the public against adverse effects of the industry.
- Promote awareness of the industry
- Receive, investigate and arbitrate of the industry complaints
- Participate and contribute to good causes through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Responsible gaming is a key essence to our existence.